Pages

Makeup Brushes + Haul

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Hello everybody!

I feel like I'm boring you all because this blog is supposed to be about more than beauty products but I've been soo busy with work around this Christmas period that I've had absolutely no time to even think about redecorating my room. I'm hoping I can get it done during January when life settles down a bit so stay tuned!

Today I'll be doing a post that I'm actually really excited about because it mostly involves products that I have absolutely been obsessed with over the past month and I'm kicking myself for not purchasing them earlier!


Soooo I have recently been a little bit addicted to buying beauty products online (where there is free shipping of course) because they tend to be a lot cheaper than buying them say in Myer or Priceline. These first two products I bought online from here.



This is the EX1 Delete anti-blemish/dark circle concealer in D200. Roughly $12 from Beauty Expert. 
This has become one of my makeup staples, I have been using it nearly everyday under my eyes to conceal my dark circles. I absolutely love this stuff. It's quite a thin product but it still has the perfect coverage for me- enough to cover the darkness but not so much that its cakey. It barely creases (not at all if used over primer) and i find it lasts pretty much all day. To apply, i use my ring finger to warm up the product and swipe under my eye, which I then blend using one of the products I'm about to mention. Overall, really really loving this. 


This is the Real Techniques setting brush, and it came in a set along with the next four brushes in this post for about $55, again from Beauty Expert. Not Priceline! Priceline is such a rip off when it comes to this brand. The thing I love about these brushes, is that even though they have names and certain uses, they're actually quite diverse. Each brush can be used perfectly for a whole range of things. So this Setting Brush is designed for loose powder however i have been using it to blend in the under eye concealer that I mentioned above. A lot of people would think that this brush is too big for under the eye but I think its perfect for me and it gives good coverage and doesn't crease. 


This is the Real Techniques buffing brush. I can't believe I ever used to use those flat foundation brushes. I don't think  I will ever use them again! This brush is the most perfect foundation brush I have ever come across. It buffs the product into the skin to give perfect coverage and a flawless finish. It gives medium coverage but it is also build able to full if you want. These brushes are also so incredibly soft as well so applying the foundation actually feels good! Very impressed with this product and I'd recommend it to absolutely anyone and everyone. 


This is the Real Techniques Multi- Task brush. I use it for powder bronzer and if i'm on the go it also doubles as a blush brush. Again, super soft bristles, perfect size for bronzer and I just really like it!


These are (left to right) the Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush and Fine Liner brush. Now to be honest I don't actually use the crease brush as often as the other brushes mostly because I don't wear eyeshadow every single day but also because i'm used to using another set of brushes for eyeshadow application. So still getting used to this one! The Fine Liner brush I also don't use all that often if at all because I don't use gel liner or liquid liner that comes in a pot- I much prefer the felt tip liquid liners because I find them easier to use and a lot less messy. 


These are the brushes I use in place of the Real Techniques eye brushes. They are the Manicare angled brush and shadow brush. Super cheap, you can buy them from practically anywhere probably even the supermarket. I bought these from the chemist for about $7 each. I use the angled brush to apply darker shades of shadow along the lower lash line and the shadow brush for applying all my eyeshadows except cream eyeshadows which I often use as bases. 


This is the Airbrush Concealer brush from Ecotools. As the name suggests, I use this for concealer applied on blemishes or redness. The brush is pretty fantastic, leaving a flawless finish without undoing or smudging the foundation you've already applied. I also love that these tools are from a brand that is 100% cruelty free and use recycled materials as well as natural materials like the bamboo handles. Roughly $8 from Priceline (however I have found it online for even cheaper!) its a pretty good brush considering its price. 


Moving away from brushes, I have been on the hunt for a perfect everyday BB/CC cream style tinted moisturiser/foundation that is lightweight and allows the skin to breathe during the day without clogging pores. Mostly I have been using the Garnier BB Cream which i'm not overly impressed with, but it has done the job during my search. So I had a little look through Priceline and liked the sound of what this CC cream from Models Prefer claims to do; even skin tone, reduce redness and give flawless coverage. I have to say I have never used a product that has disappointed me as much as this one. I saw no change in my skin tone/redness, it didn't give a flawless finish, it actually rubbed off during the day and I thought my skin actually looked worse than normal. The consistency is quite greasy and doesn't feel that nice once applied either. Overall, not impressed, wouldn't recommend. 0/10


So as to not end on a bad note, I thought i'd include this into my post. It's not exactly a 'new' product that i've purchased, i've actually been using this for many years now but this particular bottle I recently bought so I thought i'd add it in. It is one of the best face creams i've ever used and even though I try new products all the time I always end up going back to this one. Its lightweight, very hydrating, smells fabulous and is perfect for sensitive skin. Its great for use underneath foundation as well! It's about $16 from Priceline. 


Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments if you know of any BB/CC creams/lightweight foundations that are good for everyday use!! 

Love you loads 






No comments:

Post a Comment