Pages

Back To Basics | Skincare (Part 1)

Wednesday 10 September 2014



I have recently changed up my skincare routine, and decided it's time to be a little less spendy and a little more save-y (go with the rhyme okay). I have always believed that it is important to take care of your skin, but I have recently discovered that this doesn't mean you have to spend hundred of dollars on cosmetics from Myer. 'Cause i'm a uni student, and aint' nobody got money for that $55 cleanser. So I have decided to write up this series on how I have cut down my skincare budget and somehow ended up with better results. 

So first off is the cheapest exfoliator you'll ever use. Raw, brown sugar. Most likely sitting in your pantry, this is the kind of sugar you would typically use in say cookie dough or on top of weet-bix. The granules are so fine that they actually end up dissolving after a couple of minutes if you use it with water. You use it just like you would any other exfoliator- applying to freshly cleansed skin that is damp or dry depending on how rough you like it (hehe). It leaves you with the smoothest feeling face without irritating the skin! My face feels like a baby's bottom after using this and my pores even look smaller! 

I definitely recommend going to your kitchen cupboard and trying this magical sugar out on your face.  It can be used for cookies and baby soft skin- what more could I want? I think raw brown sugar just became my favourite pantry item!






No comments:

Post a Comment