Pages

Eye-Lovin' | Makeup Edit

Tuesday 23 September 2014

I've heard a lot about this new False Lash Butterfly mascara from L'Oreal and I decided to give it a go. When I was in Priceline I saw that they had a 2 for $35 deal on this particular mascara and this particular eyeliner- that is, the L'Oreal Super Liner (another product i'd heard great things about). So I picked them both up and put them to the test!

Let's talk mascara first. The mascara has a plastic applicator, something which I personally prefer in a mascara. The bristles on the wand are very different to anything else I have ever used, two rows of bristles begin quite short and stubby and curve into longer bristles. This is actually wonderful as it fits perfectly to the shape of the eye, making it easier to grab onto those pesky inner and outer corner lashes. The formula is also great, for a non-waterproof mascara it lasts all day and adds the perfect amount of volume and length. 

The L'Oreal SuperLiner is a little beauty of a liner. The nib is long, thin and stiff which makes it perfect for building to the perfect cat eye, thin or thick line. I prefer wearing this very very thin practically sitting in the lash line to give the illusion of thicker, fuller lashes. 

I have been super impressed with L'Oreal recently. They seem to be sitting right in the middle when it comes to drugstore and high end brands. I find they have the quality of high end brands, yet are still more affordable than say a $65 ByTerry mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment