Pages

Aesop Skincare

Wednesday 6 May 2015


Aesop is a brand I have only recently begun trying out. It is definitely one of the most luxurious skincare brands out there so I've never really been able to justify spending a hundred dollars on a face cream. Last Christmas however I was lucky enough to receive a gift of Aesop skincare pieces and I thought it might be a good idea to see whether it really is worth the hype and the money.
Lets talk packaging first, Aesop seriously get it right when it comes to not only packaging but the design of their stores to the bag that the products come in. Everything is well thought out and as a design student I definitely appreciate that. Theres something quite luxurious about holding a glass bottle. Practically- It's not ideal for travelling but its pretty and that's usually enough for me when it comes to packaging. *Insert heart eyed-emojis here*

The Fabulous Face cleanser is extremely gentle on the skin, it begins as a gel consistency but once mixed with water turns into a gentle foamy texture. Because of its gel consistency it's not the best at removing waterproof mascara, however it works beautifully as a second cleanser and doesn't irritate my dry sensitive skin like most foam cleansers do.

The toner is beautiful with vitamin B and Tea Tree, it is once again a gentle formula. Doesn't irritate my skin at all and leaves it feeling fresh and awake. I like using this in the mornings. A great alternative to this is the Lush Tea Tree toner water.

The Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream (worlds longest name for a cream) is something I truthfully didn't love straight away. Since Christmas is in the middle of summer in Australia, I found this cream too heavy to wear during the day as it left my skin feeling quite greasy- which is not something you want before you apply makeup. Recently however, as it has gotten much cooler in Sydney and as my skin begins to require some extra TLC it has been the perfect match. Again, super gentle on the skin yet so incredibly hydrating and sinks into the skin effortlessly.

The hand sanitiser is probably the one I am not really blown away by. Don't get me wrong it totally works as a hand sanitiser and is compact and cute etc etc. But I just expected a non-alcohol formula for something nearly 3 times the price of regular hand sanitiser. It definitely smells a lot less like alcohol, and much more like the resurrection hand wash/cream that Aesop is renowned for, but sure enough in the ingredients list is alcohol- which just isn't that great for your skin!

Have you tried anything from Aesop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment