Pages

Desk Makeover: The Details

Sunday 26 July 2015






I recently decided to do up some things in my room, so I picked a weekend and James and I went out to Bunnings to pick up a few things (paint, primer, sandpaper, brushes etc) we actually made three trips for the brushes...top tip: primer ruins everything. 

We sanded, primed and painted my desk and chest of drawers. The top of the desk was originally a dark stained wood and the drawers were a orangey stained wood. I really didn't like either, i'd been dreaming of a white room for months now and I finally did it. The whole process took 2 days of sanding everything down, priming, drying, painting, drying, painting and drying again. At the end of it I couldn't wait to decorate my desk in the way I wanted it. Its still not 100% perfect but its getting there. I've got a fake plant in the corner (because who has the time to maintain a real one) and some magazines stacked up for inspiration. Other than that the layout is pretty minimal which is just the way I like it. Eventually I'd like to introduce a more interesting desk lamp but for now I love the way it looks and I can't wait to start working at it! 









No comments:

Post a Comment